Services offered at Wentworth hospital
Accident and Emergency Services
- Out Patient Department -OPD (07H00 to 16H00)
- This department sees patients who are on referral from the local clinics,
general practitioners and other hospitals. It is opened from Monday to Friday.
Closed on weekends.
- ARV Clinic (Masibambisane Clinic) 07H00 to 16H00./dt>
- This clinic offers VCT and ARV’s. Patients are also educated on disclosure,
positive living and the importance of eating a proper diet. It is opened from
Monday to Friday.
- Choice of Termination of Pregnancy (CTOP) Hours of work: 07H00 - 16H00
Monday –Friday. The Choice of Termination of Pregnancy (CTOP) clinic only sees patients who are
up to twelve (12) weeks pregnant. Pre and post counseling is given to patients.
This clinic does not operate on a referral system.
- Dental Clinic (07H00-16H00)
- The clinic educate patients on oral health, treat dental pains, extract teeth
and initiate brushing programmes at schools.
- Pharmacy Department (07H30 – 16H00)
- The pharmacy dispenses medication to the patients.
- T.B. Clinic Hours of service: 07h00-16h00 Monday—Friday Head :
Sr. Mbatha-TB Co-ordinator
TB identification is done by way of community advocacy and educational
campaigns. The community is informed about the signs and symptoms of TB and they
are encouraged to test if they identify any of the following symptoms which
could be, coughing for two more weeks, losing appetite, feeling tired and weak,
coughing blood, losing weight ect . Two sputum specimens are taken, one on the
spot and one in the morning. People residing far from our catchment area and
have financial problems are advised to leave two specimens and receive results
in two to three days.
People who have tested positive are informed and treatment is commenced .Pre and
post counseling is also given to patients. Patient tracers are utilized to
locate patients who have tested positive but have not collected their results.
Patients are also informed about how to prevent the spread of TB.
After a patient has been confirmed positive they are provided with seven
days medication and referred to their nearest clinic for further treatment.
- X-Ray and Imagining Department (24 Hours)
- This department offers a 24 hour service to the hospital
Back to Wentworth hospital
The material on this website may be copied for non-commercial use as long as our copyright notice and website address are included.
Copyright © KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health, 2001