COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTRE
Fax: +27 (0) 39
Private Bag X 709, Gamalakhe, 4249
Off Ray Nkonyeni Rd, Corner Michael Ntsimbi & Rev Sithole Streets
Senior Management Team
Mr N Njomi :
Mrs ZA Mthembu : HR Manager
Mrs BP Mthembu : Finance Manager
Mr H Kunene : Systems Manager
Mrs T Ntuli : Deputy nursing Manager
Ms N Qalashe: Pharmacy Manager
Gamalakhe Community Health Centre provides Comprehensive package of PHC. The CHC
offers 24-hour medical coverage.
- Preventive and promotive health care services.
- Curative, Minor ailments and operates 24 hours a week started on October 2010
- Chronic Services and Eye Clinic
- Maternity services including Ante Natal Care (ANC), labour ward services and
Post Natal Care (PNC) and operates 24 hours since July 2011
- Emergency/Trauma Service operating 24 hours.
- Mental Health Service.
- Paediatrics including immunization (EPI) and Integrated Management of
Childhood Illnesses (IMCI)
- PMTCT (Prevention of Mother to Child Treatment) & HCT.
- Anti- retro viral therapy: Patients are offered counselling before they are
tested and CD4 is checked for those who have tested positive and those with CD4
less than 200 receive ARVís.
- Reproductive Health Services- Family Planning.
- TB screening and treatment.
- Pharmacy Services.
- X Ray services.
- Only phase 1 of the CHC has been completed so far, phase 2 & phase 3 still to
The materials on this website may be copied for non-commercial use as long as our copyright notice and website address are included.
Copyright © KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health, 2001