Violence Act (No.116 of 1998)
charter for effective
Empowerment of women, as well as involvement of men in
the process of achieving Gender Equality
The Gender Focal point in the KwaZulu-Natal Department
of Health will 'Strive for Empowerment of Women through
reviewing and amending Gender Discriminating Policies
and Practices thus ensuring equal access for
opportunities and resources that will enhance the
quality of life of both genders and all people in the
Values : Gender Focal point's approval and mode of
Goals and Objectives
- Respect and Uphold the rights of all individuals
- Principles of Justice, Equality, Compassion,
Equity and Quality
- Establish and promote a culture of Gender Equality in the Department of Health.
- To ensure that all kinds of behaviors that are discriminatory in terms of gender are eliminated.
- Ensure transformation of Health personnel for effective working relations and respect of human rights
for both women and men.
- Ensure that Gender issues are routinely considered in the strategic planning.
- Ensure that each Project Team and all Institutions reflect gender consideration in their yearly Key Result Area's.
- Review Departmental Policy and planning in line with the National Gender Policy Framework.
- Monitor and evaluate the Department's Progress Programmes to ensure that they reflect Gender Consideration.
- Establish mechanisms to link up with the Civil Society.