Mr MM Zungu
Deputy Director General : NHI and
Acting Deputy Director General : District Health Services
Tel: (033) 395 2220
| Academic Qualifications
- Master of Science – (LCM) (Leeds Metropolitan University – UK)
- Master of Commerce in Leadership (SA)
- Bachelor of Honours – Public Administration (Stellenbosch
- Bachelor of Honours – Health Service Management
- Bachelor of Art – Community Health Nursing Sciences (North West
- Advanced Diploma – Mental Health
With over 20 years in health services.
Currently responsible for the strategic management of the implementation
of the National Health Insurance in Kwazulu Natal and leadership of the
District Health Services.
Previously a District Manager for UThungulu District in Kwazulu Natal
Health District and Gert Sibande District in the Mpumalanga Province.
Prior to becoming a Health District Manager at Gert Sibande, he was an
Executive Director for Corporate Services in Gert Sibande District
Research Papers Presented
- Leadership challenges in Local Government / Municipal Government
sphere in the time of transformation.
- Local Government Service delivery riots – role of leadership.
He is a member of community civic structures and community committees
facilitating community development.
Current Chairperson of UThungulu District Task Team – Operation Sukuma
Member of the National Task Team for General Practitioners Contracting
for National Health Insurance Pilot Districts in South Africa
The material on this website may be copied for non-commercial use as long as our copyright notice and website address are included.
Copyright © KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health, 2001