Osindisweni hospital Objectives
- To maintain a participative, democratic and representative management, with widespread
consultation on all issues and combined policy and decision making.
- To promote patient welfare by ensuring proper care and appropriate treatment, and showing all
people respect, dignity and empathy. To educate patients on the primary health
care approach to preventative, promote curative and rehabilitative care and advise on the referral system and
appropriate use of health care facilities through the principles of the District
- To ensure efficient personnel administration and formulate strategies for human resource
development and training needs directed towards optimal staff utilisation and provide motivation and appraisals as necessary.
- To promote staff welfare by creating a conducive working environment and respecting the dignity
and rights of all staff members.
- To respect and uphold existing labour laws, conduct fair labour practice and maintain proper discipline.
- To ensure a safe hospital environment for all people by maintaining safe grounds, buildings, structures and equipment, proper infection control and other
- To formulate sound financial management strategies that entails appropriate cost containment
measures and ensures the best possible service delivery within prescribed budgets.
Back to Osindisweni hospital
The material on this website may be copied for non-commercial use as long as our copyright notice and website address are included.
Copyright © KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health, 2001