· Doctor’s wards rounds day Wednesdays 10h00 – 15h00
· HIV/AIDS Counseling Monday – Friday 07h30 – 16h00
· EAP Monday – Friday 08h00 – 16h00
· Residential Clinic Rounds Monday & Friday 08h00 – 16h00
· DOTS Monday – Friday 08h00 – 16h00
· Educational Programme Monday – Friday (inside schedule)
During week days 10h00 – 17h00
Weekends & Holidays 10h00 – 17h00
Free service to all patients
Things to bring when being admitted
· Firearm and dangerous weapons must be declared at the gate.
· ID Document
· Transfer records
· Blood results
· Sleep wear (optional)
· Name, address and telephone number of contact person.
· Name of induna where you reside.
· Valuables must be given to the sister in charge of the ward and a receipt will be issued.
Information to be received
· Patient rights charter.
· Serving times for meal.
· Duration of taking TB treatment and possible investigations.
· Hospital policies and procedures e.g. pass out.
· Ensure that you have enough information and treatment to ensure continuing of care.
· Make sure that someone is available to pick you up.
· Make sure you know transport time before leaving the hospital premises.
· Ensure that you have transport fare.
· Please submit your comments or complaints in the boxes provided to assist the hospital in meeting its service delivery.
· Ensure that you have a DOT supporter.
Thulasizwe Hospital ]
The material on this website may be copied for non-commercial use as long as our copyright notice and website address are included.
Copyright © KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health, 2001