IMBALENHLE COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTRE
Imbalenhle Community Health Centre is situated at Imbali, Unit 3 (Ward
22) East of Pietermaritzburg. Imbalenhle CHC serves an estimated
population of 101 000 from 11 municipal wards.
Public Private Partnership
Khethimpilo has provided us with the staff to run the ARV Rollout Clinic
and have 6205 clients who are currently on ART (Anti Retroviral
NICRO (National Institution for Crime Prevention and Reintegration of
Offenders) is playing a significant role by sending offenders to do
community service which has assisted us in keeping our grounds clean.
- Award by USAID (TB Programme South Africa) for Most Improved TB High
Burden Facility in the District of UMgungundlovu – 2004 - 2014
- Best performing CHC in National core standards (NCS) – Umgungundlovu
District Service excellence awards 2014/15
- Gold award. Certificate of Achievement best Performing CHC NCS – MEC’s
Annual Service excellence awards ( 2015/16)
- Certificate of Commendation for National Core standards (NCS) – MEC’s
Annual Service Excellence awards (2016/2017
- Certificate of Achievement for Most Improved CHC in Central
Chronic Medicine Dispensing and Dispatch (CCMDD) -Umgungundlovu
District Service excellence awards (2016/17)
- Clinic functioning at 24 hours.
- Availability of a lecture room for conducting Adherence Classes
- Sustainability of already available services.
- 24 hour Doctor coverage
If you have any questions, complaints or compliments regarding
Imbahlenhle CHC, please contact the PRO Mthandeni Mzelemu on
Tel: (033) 398 9100 (ext 9108)
Fax: (033) 398 2600
Site last edited on
05 August, 2019
The material on this website may be copied for non-commercial use as long as our copyright notice and website address are included.
Copyright © KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health, 2001